A bit about us...
We’re Park IT - a young software house providing solutions for airports and service operators. Based near Birmingham Airport we are part of the Holiday Extras Group (one of the Sunday Times Top 100 companies to work for). We employ amazing people and give them the freedom to deliver brilliant things. We’re looking for an experienced systems engineer to join our in-house development team and lead a series of new process optimisation and machine learning projects.
What you would be doing...
You will be delivering new optimisation features for our industry-leading SaaS platform. You’ll use a good understanding of statistical models (e.g. cross-validation, stepwise regression) and time-series analysis, you will use your experience in building systems (e.g. simulators, optimisation) to deliver services and strategically critical insights to our clients.
In addition, you will be responsible for:
- developing robust processes for validating accurate data collection
- providing appropriate analysis of the data (including generating process recommendations)
- producing technical documentation related to your systems
This is a hands-on roll and it’s important you have experience delivering work using (one of):
C# | Java | Python
This work will lead into some areas of ML development and will be hosted within our SaaS environment so it’d be great to see experience in at least some of:
Pandas | Scipy | Keras | TensorFlow | Weka | Rapid Miner | Kubernetes
Not all routes to this role will be the same but there are some core characteristics we’re expecting to see from you:
- Being a holistic systems thinker
- Having excellent analytical skills (ability to extrapolate from limited or complex data)
- Being able to synthesise diverse topics (e.g. commercial motives / technical feasibility)
- Having a strong computer science background
- Ability to build strong working relationships with key stakeholders
- Ability to see the practical side of the systems, this is an operational system and needs someone who understands impact of real-world constraints on systems.
- Being a clear communicator able to explain complex issues to both specialists and non-specialists
Good stuff you’ll get...
You’ll get a competitive salary but we’re also offering a (genuinely) amazing benefits package, flexible (remote and hours) working, purpose designed workspaces and amazing people to work with. You’ll be encouraged to attend training and conferences, work to a personal development plan and be offered real career progression.
Please add your details
Benefits of working for Park-IT
Park-IT has 100+ years of collective experience, as a company we take the opportunity to instil this experience within every member of our staff. Bringing them into the fold and helping them expand upon their skill set and work ethics.
- Work for the UK’s most innovative parking software company
- Receive career development support from an experienced management team
- Be part of a forward-thinking company dedicated to solving problems with progressive software