A bit about us:
Park-IT, a motivity solutions company with a simple aim - guiding movement to realise untapped capacity. Our roots are in airport parking, working with some of the largest airports across the globe and we’re backed by Holiday Extras (a Sunday Times Top 100 company to work for). We pride ourselves on employing amazing people and giving them the freedom to deliver brilliant things.
We handle over 5m car movements a year and have more than 3k employees using our platform daily…..and we’re just getting started! Last year we made our first move into the global market and are just about to settle into our new HQ, a 2 min walk from Birmingham International Station.
The role and opportunity:
We are looking for a Project Manager to help drive our ambitious expansion plans through to fruition.
Park-IT is expanding rapidly and we’re looking for someone to play a vital role in this expansion. Responsible for managing new customer installations from the point of contractual handover right through to launch day. Growth is happening worldwide providing you with some exciting opportunities to travel. You will be talking to our customers, understanding their needs and wants and ensuring these are translated into the perfect solution for them.
You will be a confident and knowledgeable Project Manager who has a wide understanding of various project methodologies. With strong communication and negotiation skills ensuring that projects remain on track and on task. It’s a hands-on role which requires you to thoroughly understand the customers working environment and requires an articulate individual that has the ability to explain complex technology and processes with ease.
You will be heavily reliant on and working very closely with the rest of the Park-IT team to make sure that your projects are successful. With a broad knowledge of technology, you will be comfortable conversing on technical solutions and will utilise many different tools to assist you such as; Google Suite , AWS, Monday. You need to be a team player who will roll their sleeves up and has a ‘get the job done’ attitude.
You will control a number of projects, some small and some large, will be at ease managing a range of stakeholders, championing communication and keeping our customers well informed throughout the project lifecycle.
- Working with customers to bring to life their operational visions and assisting to translate requirements through gap analysis into robust software / hardware solutions
- Ownership of the project backlog which ranges from application upgrades to implementing new functionality across our suite of applications (PC, mobile, web and bespoke hardware)
- Coordinating both internal and external resources to ensure high quality project delivery
- Scheduling, overseeing and taking responsibility for new implementations; ensuring go live is a smooth process
- Create and own the implementation project plan, ensuring all facets are covered prior to go live for all 3rd parties and regular communication with all stakeholders
- Building and maintaining technical and process driven documentation
- Minimum of 3 years experience managing projects in a fast paced operational environment
- Sound technical knowledge within a B2B, SaaS environment
- Team player, great at building relationships with a hunger to deliver results
- Experience of working in a process driven operational business with a good understanding of change and release management, risk management, service improvement and incident & problem management
- Proven track record of spanning the gap between Ops and Tech
- Experience of managing a very busy workload and project backlog
- Exposure to Agile, Prince and ITIL methodologies, with a good working knowledge of each
- Demonstrated experience of being ‘hands on’ and leading by example
- Experience of the parking / logistics industry would be an advantage
- Full clean driving licence
Birmingham, UK (with extensive travel including Europe and beyond)
What’s in it for me?
Salary: up to £45k DOE + up to 10% bonus (quarterly objective based)
Includes company car with pension, fully flexible benefits package including private medical insurance and life assurance as well as heaps of discounted shopping and travel perks.
This role has great potential for career development, we have high aims and the scope of the role will be growing as we do!
If that sounds like you, we’d like to see …
- A cover letter
- Your CV
To apply, submit a copy of the above by clicking the link below. Applications close on Tuesday 23rd July.
Please add your details
Benefits of working for Park-IT
Park-IT has 100+ years of collective experience, as a company we take the opportunity to instil this experience within every member of our staff. Bringing them into the fold and helping them expand upon their skill set and work ethics.
- Work for the UK’s most innovative parking software company
- Receive career development support from an experienced management team
- Be part of a forward-thinking company dedicated to solving problems with progressive software