So, you’re interesting in being an Engineering Manager...
A bit about us...
We’re Park-IT - a young software team dedicated to making your next trip better by optimising airport and service operators. Based near Birmingham Airport, we’re backed by (Sunday Times Top 100 company to work for) Holiday Extras. We employ amazing people and give them the freedom to deliver brilliant things. We’re looking for a Engineering Manager to lead our in-house development team.
What you would be doing...
You’ll be responsible for producing robust and performant solutions that deliver our ambitious product roadmap. Working collaboratively with Product, Data and Security leads, you will lead 8 software engineers in building our Park-IT Cloud SaaS platform. You’ll ensure quality production code (scalable, ensuring use of good testing and QA) while supporting ‘learn-fast’ experimentation.
This is a hands-on role. You’ll delve into technical detail, help design complex solutions and deliver great code. You’ll work within a mission-based team (adapting and changing as we evolve), mentor and support other developers to grow as individuals. You’ll be comfortable with our tech stack:
React | React Native | Electron | GraphQL | Node.js | MySQL | GCP Cloud Pub/Sub
You’ll work in an Agile environment (SCRUM) and with the support of the Product Lead:
- Deliver new features on our global SaaS platform (web, native & kiosk)
- Participate in code reviews/retrospectives
- Ensure continuous improvement of the development process
- Lead testing, QA and change management processes
- Lead recruitment for software engineers
- Lead team delivery performance (track, report, improve)
- Quickly identify challenges for the team, be open about them and ask for help
- Lead a supportive culture where people are allowed to learn from mistakes
- Promote the culture of autonomy and responsibility within the delivery team
- Have fun and enjoy coming into the office and working with a great tech team
Not all routes to this role will be the same so we’re keen to hear from all senior technical people who can demonstrate successful delivery in small to medium software businesses. And if you’re not sure you got all the correct experience but are sure you could do a great job - pick up the phone or come meet us for a coffee and see if it’s the right thing.
Good stuff you’ll get...
You’ll get a competitive salary but we’re also offering a (genuinely) amazing benefits package, flexible (remote and hours) working, purpose designed work spaces and amazing people to work with. You’ll be encouraged to attend training and conferences, work to a personal development plan and be offered real career progression.
Please add your details
Benefits of working for Park-IT
Park-IT has 100+ years of collective experience, as a company we take the opportunity to instil this experience within every member of our staff. Bringing them into the fold and helping them expand upon their skill set and work ethics.
- Work for the UK’s most innovative parking software company
- Receive career development support from an experienced management team
- Be part of a forward-thinking company dedicated to solving problems with progressive software